We foster a positive impact on the communities we serve by advancing access to care around the world
In FY23, we incorporated an ESG metric covering 10% of the annual bonus opportunity into our executive compensation program. Our Board’s Compensation Committee selected three components for the ESG metric that were objectively measurable and aligned with Cencora’s ESG pillars of purpose-driven team members, resilient and sustainable operations, and healthy customers and communities.
Our approach to governance and oversight
Internal ESG governance model
Board of directors
This decision-making body provides oversight of our ESG strategy and practices, including risk management assessment and alignment to business ethics and the highest standards of integrity.
The Governance, Sustainability, and Corporate Responsibility Committee of the Board of Directors oversees ESG strategy and practices and makes recommendations to the Board.
In addition, the Audit Committee, Compliance and Risk Committee, and the Compensation Committee oversee specific aspects of ESG.
Global ESG Impact Council
This council champions the integration and coordination of our ESG strategy and practices with business strategy and policy. It also provides guidance and input to determine ESG areas that should be the highest level of priority for the enterprise.
Business segments and corporate functions support the integration of the company’s ESG priorities in line with our purpose.
How Cencora is making an impact on people and the planet
Purpose-driven team members
We put people first by collaborating openly across our organization to foster a diverse, inclusive work environment and uphold the highest ethical and compliance standards.
- Promote workforce diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Expand talent attraction, retention, and development opportunities
- Drive consistent human rights and labor practices
- Foster an environment for safety, health, wellness, and positive mental health
- Support business ethics and compliance commitments
Resilient and sustainable operations
We operate responsibly in our vital role at the center of the supply chain, ensuring people and animals have access to the medications they need while protecting the health of our planet.
- Advance efforts to create a resilient and responsible supply chain
- Increase product and packaging sustainability solutions
- Reduce GHG emissions and empower energy management
- Enhance product quality and safety
- Expand business continuity and climate impact practices
- Support cybersecurity, data protection, and privacy for our business
Healthy customers and communities
We broaden access to quality healthcare and accelerate positive health outcomes in communities and for our customers around the world.
- Improve access to affordable and quality healthcare
- Advance global public health outcomes
- Strengthen community impact and humanitarian work
- Support customer welfare and prescription drug safety
- Empower team member community engagement